Siemens is putting consumers in full control of their kitchen, offering a complete range of networked products that can be controlled remotely from outside of the home. The life-changing appliances will offer more flexibility and help save you precious time, so you can focus on the important things in life.
From a single app, consumers can conveniently make their guests favourite drinks on their connected coffee machine or peek inside the refrigerator to make sure they have enough milk. And that’s not all. Home Connect offers a whole range of functions that go beyond remotely controlling your household appliances. You can pick up tasty recipes from your oven, tips on how to use the appliances and even access technical support if anything goes wrong. The free app, available on iOS and Android devices is also based on a multi-brand platform, so consumers can connect their Bosch and Siemens connected appliances on one, intuitive platform.
“In the future if there is a problem, customer care will be able to remotely diagnose the issue and offer advice. The system is secureAs well as the innovative features on the individual Home Connect appliances, a number of new functions are available over the entire range. The consumer can be reassured by the different customer service features within the Home Connect app, which can supply the right advice if you have any questions about the use of the appliance. In the future if there is a problem, customer care will be able to remotely diagnose the issue and offer advice. The system is secure, with access only being gained to the appliance by a trained Siemens technician once the home owner has agreed.
Other features include digital instructions and tips and tricks that will help the customers use their appliance to the fullest, as well as consumer information, notifications and a direct connection to the online shop where the product details are stored to make using and maintaining the appliance effortless. Home owners can be certain of having everything under control in the home when they are out and about thanks to the Home Connect app, which has already earned Siemens a nomination for the UX Design Awards.
Siemens iQ700 connected oven
- The Siemens Wi-Fi ready oven with Home Connect will save you precious time. Not only will you be able to preheat the oven from your desk, but you can also keep an eye on your cooking with timer notifications as well as changing the program so your food doesn’t burn if you’re not quite ready to eat. Notifications from your oven let you know when your cooking is done – perfect for peace of mind before your dinner party guests arrive.
- And if you need any inspiration, the connected oven can also dish out helpful cooking tips, videos and recipes. You can then send these preparation settings to the oven on the way back from the shops.
Siemens iQ500 connected refrigerator
- The connected fridge allows you to check what you have in your fridge when out and about, meaning you’ll never run out of everyday essentials again. The iQ500 is equipped with two high-performance cameras that take pictures of the entire interior every time the door is closed, allowing the home owner to make informed choices quickly. Other advantages of the new feature include a Storage Guide which supplies nutritional information to help you maintain a healthy and balanced diet, and a system which sends a warning to the smartphone or tablet if the refrigerator has not been closed properly.
- You’ll also get handy tips to help your food stay fresher for even longer.
Siemens connected washing machine and dryer
- Finally you can fit the housework to your schedule rather than being tethered to the washing machine by a mountain of dirty clothes. With the Siemens connected washing machine and dryer, you can select your program and start it from wherever you are.
- And if that doesn’t make life easy enough, the Easy Start Assistant will do the rest. The assistant will choose the ideal program for your load, weighing up all the different factors such as colour, materials and the level of soiling, so you’ll always get perfect results.
- The smart machines also make saving energy and money easy with usage tips and information about how much water and energy each programme uses.
Siemens iQ700 speedMatic dishwasher with Home Connect
- This innovative Siemens appliance will revolutionise the way you wash your dishes. Ever forgotten to switch the dishwasher on before you leave for work? With the Siemens Home Connect washing machine you can still come home to sparkling clean dishes as you can switch the appliance on with the app, or even choose what time you want it to start.
- The machine will also notify you when your program is finished, so you can concentrate on the important things in life.
- It will even help you decide the best program for your load with the new Easy Start Assistant.
Connected coffee machines
- The connected built-in coffee machine will make every cup a more enjoyable experience with the new coffeePlaylist. You won’t even have to lift a finger. Guests simply select their choice on a mobile device and the order is transferred directly to the smart machine which begins making one drink after another.
- The coffeeWorld function will expand the palettes of even seasoned coffee drinkers with a choice of 19 new international coffee specialities, including an Australian flat white and Dutch koffie verkeerd.
Secure service for full control
Data privacy is a top priority for Siemens. Home Connect works closely with IT security experts, with data exchange protected by the highest security standards. Connected appliances can only be registered in secure, encrypted WLAN networks. The user always remains in full control as automatic functions handle decisions and processes only as the user wishes. The TÜV Trust IT has certified the high security level of the Home Connect app. Of course, everything that can be controlled via the app can also be operated directly on the appliance, so there is no dependency on network availability or a mobile device being charged.