We are pleased to announce a new feature in our DBD InSite newsletter that we are sure you will enjoy. In each issue we will be talking to a member of staff which will give you an insight into the person behind the role, and for you to know what really goes on behind the scenes!
This issue we will be chatting with Katherine Cox.
What department do you work in?
I work in the Kitchens Operations team, along with Martin Appleyard (Director of Operations) and Eddie Dowd (Project Manager)
What does your job role involve?
I work as a Project Coordinator which pretty much involves all areas from start to finish including admin, sales support, site coordination, scheduling and customer care. We do come across some random queries at times, so you have to see the funny side of things. I don’t really tend to get stressed, I’m a ‘glass half full’ kind of girl.
How long have you been at DBD?
I started November 2013 and went straight into the Kitchen Operations team which is where I am today.
How does DBD compare to past jobs you’ve had?
Much much better! People here are willing to talk to each other. I was previously a Finance Assistant at a secondary school and the environment was totally different – I was there for 3 years working in different areas after finishing my Business degree. People here value one another, they show respect and communicate, which is great.
How do you feel about your team?
Well, Martin and Eddie are completely different! They know so much and are always happy to help which is great because I don’t feel stupid in asking anything. Although they are not in the office much, we do have an excellent relationship and can have laugh on the phone.
What motivates you every day?
Having something different to do! We get so many random scenarios, it’s great to be faced with a different challenge to deal with everyday!
What aspirations do you have for you career at DBD?
Well, when I came to DBD I liked the thought of Project Management, but now I see what’s involved I’m not so sure, maybe we can grow in the areas of scheduling or planning. I do really like being office based but I also like what is involved in some areas of the project management role. It is nice because since me and Martin have been on board we have grown with DBD Kitchens and DBD Kitchens has grown with us. We have been able to put the processes into place which means I know them inside out, but you never know what challenge could be next!
- Number one on your bucket list? Travel to New Zealand
- First record you bought? Wet Wet Wet
- What was the last film you saw? The Hobbit
- As a child you wanted to be… A vet but then I realized I can’t deal with blood, so worked my way through all the usual options.
- Last meal on earth? A proper Italian lasagne, full of garlic
- Worst job you’ve ever done? I worked in a Countrywear shop and had to spend all day folding and refolding clothes, not fun
- Home is… where the heart is
- Most loved fairy tale? Sleeping Beauty
- Best childhood memory? Playing in the hills in Scotland
- Favourite place on earth? Grasmere in the Lake District
- On a day off we’d find you… at the Scout centre probably writing out endless forms
- Describe your dream date… Dinner and a movie with of course cocktails
- Secret skill? Scout leader, archery, throwing knives, fire from twigs, the usual stuff
- Advice to your teenage self? Experience everything
- Your karaoke song of choice? I will Survive by Gloria Gaynor
- Which Mr Man are you? Miss Giggles
- Do you have a middle name? Sarah Wells
- If you could have 4 people round for dinner who would you have? Bon Jovi, Usan Bolt, Bear Gryls, Michael McIntyre
We hope you have enjoyed this new feature. With our work lives filled with the madness of schedules, meetings and deadlines, it can be hard to know who is on the other end of the phone. We hope this helps to build on our relationship with you.
Next Month we will be speaking to Lauren Lockley our Customer Finance Manager.